- Why do you think Personal Assistants in Care are important?
- Why do you enjoy working as a Personal Assistant in Care?
- What tasks did you do for your last employer?
- Are there any caregiving tasks that you feel uncomfortable doing?
- What do you believe the most important qualities are for a Personal Assistant to have?
- What do you think you could bring to this role?
Finding a job
Find a job as a Personal Assistant
You can register a Personal Assistant on PA Web by completing the short registration form.
Once our support team have reviewed your registration, they will set up your profile and you will be contacted with your log in details to access your PA Web account.
Your profile will be visible to the registered employers on PA Web and they will be able to contact you using the in-site, secure messaging function.
Read the job description
Employers will have some requirements and an idea of the kind of individual they’re looking for which they will usually be included in the advert or job description.
It is important that you read the advert or job description carefully and understand the employer’s requirements so that you are clear about the tasks the employer is asking for. You should only apply for jobs that you feel comfortable with and are sure that you can do.
Apply for the job
If you have been contacted by an employer on PA Web, they may send you a message to ask if you would like to interview for the role.
Alternatively, the employer might ask you to complete an application form or send them your CV.
Prepare for the interview
If you are invited to interview, it is important that you prepare.
Below are some example questions that you may be asked during your interview.
- Do you have any hobbies?
- What are your core values?
- How would previous clients describe you as a Personal Assistant?
- Have you ever worked with a difficult client? How did you deal with this?
- Recall a time you were saddened by your client’s condition. How did you deal with this?
- Give an example of when you faced a difficult problem and describe how you dealt with it
- What would be your approach if your employer showed signs of low mood?
- What would be your reaction if you found out a colleague behaved badly towards an employer?
- If an employer became seriously ill while with you, what would you do?
- Do you have any experience with...?